Thursday, September 15, 2016

Meadows of Dan Campground

Good morning Friends far and wide!  I am told that my computer time is up by She-who-will-not-be-named.  With that being said, here's the last Chapter in my resent most excellent camping adventure.

There's a little campground in Meadows of Dan, VA called Meadows of Dan Campground . . . quite original, dontcha think?  It's maybe a quarter of a mile off the Blue Ridge Parkway on Highway 58 and has been on our camping radar for many years.  It was a logical place to spend the night on our way home from the DOG.

To make sure there was a site for us, Momma Sharon called ahead from the road. No worries, said the lady in the office.  We pulled in and around the tiny house serving as an office.  Momma Sharon checked in and was given a "map" of the campground drawn on the back of her receipt.  She was told to take any site we wanted.



We pulled up the hill to find two loops . . . one without trees and one with.  Of course we chose the one WITH.  There was only one other trailer there, so we had our pick of sites!  After making a complete loop, we settled on site #7, a pull-thru just steps away from the bathhouse.  It was almost perfectly level and suited us just fine.






Mom and Aunt Becky pulled out chairs and ate supper while I relaxed in the early mountain evening.  A young couple strolled by and commented on my cuteness . . . blush, blush.  As darkness fell, we all watched a movie together and then called it a day.



I've really, really had fun telling you the Backstory of my trip to Maryland, so I don't mind handing the computer back over to the Camper Mom.  I've got my sights set on the upcoming Coastal Caravan III and getting to spend two whole weeks camping on the coast with my buddies.  Until then, always remember . . . 

"Peace, Love, & New Campgrounds"


No comments:

Post a Comment