Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Foggy Blue Ridge Days

True to her word, Momma Sharon turned the computer over to me again today so I could share another Story with you!

I gotta tell you that I have camped in all kinds of weather . . . hot sunny days, cold fall nights, windy conditions that kept me from having my awning on, wet days that flooded the campsites around me, and even a tornado warning at 2:30 a.m.  But never ever have I camped in fog!  That might be hard for you to believe, but it's true.

When you camp close to the Blue Ridge Parkway there's always a chance that the mist-laden clouds that hang around the crest of the Parkway, will linger for a while.  That's exactly what happened on Monday, Tuesday, AND Wednesday!


Aunt Becky didn't arrive until Monday and it was so foggy that she missed her turn off of Highway 16 into the campground!  All the Blue Ridgers who arrived throughout the day had to deal with the same thing and I was kinda worried about them since they were caught unaware.

I'm happy to report that there were no mishaps and everyone who came in to The Holler those three days arrived safely.  I didn't mind the fog one single bit because it produced a nice backdrop for Momma Sharon to snap some photos of me and my friends.


I got to meet Lucy, the Short Short Trailer for the first time.  She's an aluminum beauty and was parked right beside me.  You can also see my buddy RT to right of the Bambi.  I was happy to see her, but also sad because I knew she was going to a new home in South Carolina and I probably would never see her again.  We sure did have some great camping trips together the last four years.  I sure will miss her.


My friend Sunny boy from Florida was all decked out in his rally attire and helped us light up The Holler each night.

I'm here to tell you that camping in the fog is no big deal for T@Bs like me and my Camper Mom too.   Would I prefer sunshine?  You bet, but being with friends like Lucy, RT, and Sunny Boy make every day a great day. 

Come on back tomorrow and I'll tell you another little Blue Ridge Story.  Until then, always remember . . . 

"Peace, Love & Camping!"



No comments:

Post a Comment