Wednesday, April 22, 2015

She's A Whirling Dervish

Remember the Tasmanian Devil from Saturday morning cartoons? Well, my Momma Sharon is looking more and more like a she-devil herself!  Her checklists have checklists, she's multi-tasking, she's waking up in the middle of the night with her brain cranked up on high, she's dealing with cancellations and site changes, she is in full-on Blue Ridge Rally Mode!!

It's safe to say that our excitement levels are off the charts right about now!  Yesterday I told her to just take a deep breath and I heard her muttering her latest mantra . . . KEEP CALM & CAMP ON.

Blue Ridgers are already out on the road making their way to Townsend, TN.  They are reporting in over on Facebook about the things they are stopping to see, the folks they are hooking up to travel with, and you can feel their excitement too.

Cancellations are always a part of the Blue Ridge game and that's one of the reasons my Camper Mom dreads this week leading up to the rally.  We had one Sunday, one Monday, and one Tuesday.  Uggghh!  The silver lining here is that someone that was going to have to vacate her site can now extend her stay, someone that wanted a gravel site can now move off a concrete one, and I get to arrive a day earlier on Saturday.  It all works out in the end!

Let me scoot and make sure all is going well with the Tasmanian Devil . . . er, I mean Mom.  I will chat with you tomorrow and until then, always remember . . . 

"Peace, Love & Camping!"



No comments:

Post a Comment