Saturday, April 18, 2015

Crazy At Cabela's

This morning I saw Aunt Becky pull out of the garage and I knew where she was headed.  She was on her way to pick up Momma Sharon and together they were on a mission.  A Cabela's mission!  I will let you fill in the blank to this statement:  "My Camper Mom went _____ at Cabela's."


I could use a lot of words to describe what happened in the Fort Mill store, but crazy tops the list.  She didn't go with a list of items to look for and that's where she got into trouble.  The camping section is immediately to the right when you walk in the front door and at that point her eyes started to glaze over.  After she had an armful of things, Aunt Becky went in search of a shopping cart!

I have to give her credit, everything that she found and ultimately bought, we needed.  I've been listening to her talk about a good set of tent stakes, guy lines for the easy-up tent, the perfect hammer to pull stubborn tent stakes out of the ground, and a good-fitting carrying case for the Super Pot for a couple seasons now.  Maybe now I will get a little peace and quiet!







There were lots of sales going on and when a roll-top table came into view, it didn't take long for that box to go into the shopping cart.  At one point she stopped in the aisle and stared at it with second thoughts, but then quickly snapped out of it when Aunt Becky reminded her how cool the T@Bmahal's folding table is.  Plus it's lightweight.  Plus it has a carrying case.  Done and done!!




Momma Sharon and Aunt Becky came within an inch of buying Coleman folding chairs, but decided they were kinda bulky and not really a great color to match me.  Hopefully they will get one more season out of my brown ones.  The only other things that Mom bought were a pair of Columbia quick-drying shorts and a slate blue Cabela's cap.  It was on sale for five bucks and she likes to wear one at night around the campfire.  


All in all, I'd say it was a successful shopping trip and you will see every single one of these items next week at the Blue Ridge Rally.  We will be hunkered down tomorrow because the forecast is for 100% rain. I'll probably take the day off from writing Stories, so that means I'll see ya on Monday,  Until then, always remember . . . 

"Peace, Love & Shopping At Cabela's"

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Isn't it though? It was kinda pricey, but I've looked for something to pop those tent stakes out with ever since I had to leave several of them in the ground at Tearstock.

      Delete
    2. I got a cool little peg puller at a garage sale. I haven't seen one like it again at stores, but I understand the need to have something to yank those things out.

      Delete