Saturday, June 3, 2017

Blue Ridge SplashPad

Hey everyone!  When Momma Sharon sat down last night to write a Postcard about Big Meadow's SplashPad, I told her that I was the logical one to write that Story and if she could wait a bit, I would take care of it in the morning.

So here it is . . . the SplashPad Story from Splash herself!

Let me start out by saying that our Blue Ridge Rally was the driest and HOTTEST one ever.  We didn't have one single drop of rain the whole week and the afternoon temperatures hovered around the high 80s to low 90s.  Unheard of for the Smoky Mountains in mid-May!

Right across the road from me was a SplashPad.  Normally that kind of campground attraction was for the kids and Lilou, our youngest T@BBer, was the first to hop in it on Monday.



But it didn't take long for the adults to put on their bathing suits or just a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, and hit the SplashPad too.  I could hear the squeals of delight and gasps of air when the first bucket of water was dumped on their heads.





One time I looked over there and they were all laying on their bellies, stopping up the drain, and "swimming" in a pool of water!





The look on Mr. Rich's face says it all . . . 


Ms. Deb had a little "stupid oughta hurt" moment when she caught her foot on the concrete pad and pitched forward in a face plant.  Ouch owie!!


I heard rumors that there was a wet t-shirt contest, but you would have to ask Ms. Elaine about that.


Mom and I always say that "we have so much fun it should be illegal" and those afternoons over on the SplashPad proved it!



I know you were expecting a Postcard today, but I think my SplashPad Story was way better . . . LOL.  Thanks for dropping by and until I see you again (maybe tomorrow), always remember . . . 

"Peace, Love, & Playing In The Water"

No comments:

Post a Comment