Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Out To Dry

When you are out on the road camping for two whole weeks, you gotta think about wet stuff and laundry.  Most of the campgrounds I stay in have a laundry, but our Camper Folks are pretty creative when it comes to drying towels and clothes and such!

Momma Sharon has an elastic clothesline that stretches from my grab handles across my backside.  It easily holds bath towels and dish towels that are damp. She keeps it in a nifty little Ziplock bag and it works great.


Daisy's Mom hooks up her clothesline to something nearby, like the power post at James Island, to hang her wet items on.


Papa John usually has a humongous clothesline strung up somewhere on his campsite.  At Hunting Island, it was dangling from a tree, across a bush, and hooked to his T@B.


Tiny Home sports a foldable clothes rack that looks a whole lot neater than ours. We look like a caravan of gypsies compared to her!


The award for Best Clothesline definitely goes to T@Bventure.  My Camper Mom posted a template online for a top-of-the-line clothesline mod several months ago and Papa Bill whipped out his tools and made one.  It's pretty slick looking and I see one of these in my future!


I hope this gives you some ideas for wet laundry solutions on your next camping trip.  Until then, always remember . . . 

"Peace, Love & Camping"

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I've just been through Camp Laundry 101! I learned a lot. Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome Susan! I'm all about giving you the interesting stuff that Momma Sharon didn't tell you about in her Postcards, tee hee. Splash, over and out!

    ReplyDelete