Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Call Of The Fire

Out of the thirteen nights that me and my camping buddies spent on the recent Coastal Caravan, I think our Folks missed having an evening campfire just twice. Bundles of firewood would magically appear beside the fire ring every day and we could always count on Pete or Elaine or Becky or someone to get a fire started and tend it until everyone turned in for the night.

Momma Sharon doesn't take too many campfire photos because she says they are hard to get sharp and clear.  I kinda like the soft fuzzy effect though, so I think she needs to try more often to capture the coziness of friends warming their toes and sharing laughter.

Speaking of toes, here is a shot of Mom's tootsies one evening.  Did you notice that her socks don't match?  Ha, ha, ha!


One of the really neat things about our caravan was that all our Folks fit nicely around the circle.  There was no need for a second row and it was quite intimate.  I thought it was pretty groovy that the campfire location changed from campground to campground, campsite to campsite.  I even got to host a couple on Jekyll Island!



I'm not too sure about the origin of Elaine's Sacred Fire Poker, but I do know that it showed up at each fire and was treated with great respect!


Another cool thing that happened at our campfires was that stuff got passed around . . . M&Ms, pretzels, wine, homemade cookies, marshmallows, peanuts, and something called Happy Juice.


The call of the fire is pretty powerful and it's something that made my Camper Mom and all her Beach Peeps really happy!  It was a great way to end a great day.


I don't know how many more days Momma Sharon is going to give me free access to this laptop, so I really appreciate you dropping by.  Until I sign off at the end of the week, always remember . . . 

"Peace, Love, Camping & Campfires"

No comments:

Post a Comment