Friday, November 7, 2014

James Island County Park

Fifteen minutes away from the hustle and bustle of Charleston is one of my favorite places to camp in the whole wide world . . . James Island County Park. The campground itself sits on 643 acres of Lowcounty beauty.

Biking/hiking trails, open meadows, 16 acres of freshwater fishing, off-leash dog park, fishing and crabbing dock, and so much more.  Oh, the campground is terrific too!  Shaded sites with an abundance of Spanish moss for ambience, fire rings and picnic tables, full hook-ups, and a good wifi signal.  I could go on and on, but I think you get the picture.

Speaking of pictures, how 'bout I share a few with you!



The office has that classic Lowcounty look and three ladies hopped on their computers to get us all checked in quickly and efficiently.  Momma Sharon and her peeps did a bit of shopping in there too!


My site number 32 was the perfect combination of sun and shade.  We didn't have to use my BAL leveler because everything was nice and flat. Anastasia the Flamingo and her buddies like James Island as much as I do!


This is the view I woke up to every morning.  The sun came up over the little pond and all around me I could hear birds and crickets and frogs . . . those camping sounds that I love to hear.


Just a short distance away were some of my buddies . . . Tiny Home with her reflection in the pond, Lucy with her Halloween decoration, that aqua cutie from NY, T@Bventure rockin' all her yellow decor, and Breezy the gorgeous Airstream from DE.  I slipped in another little photo of me too, tee hee.

Well, I sure do appreciate you stopping by again today to hear my Story from James Island.  I'm kinda missing my caravan peeps, but thank goodness Momma Sharon took oodles and oodles of photos for me to look at when I got back home.

I'll be seeing you tomorrow and until then, always remember . . . 

"Peace, Love & Camping!"


No comments:

Post a Comment