Sunday, March 3, 2013

Walking Tacos

Are you thinking about your upcoming camping season?  Are you thinking that you'd like to find some new dishes to add to your campground cooking repertoire?  Are you thinking you'd like to find something tasty and fun?

Well I'm thinking, SplashT@B to the rescue!!  I've got a funky recipe for you that's quick, simple, and oh so yummy.  It's called "Walking Tacos" and I wish I could take credit for it, but I snitched it from Momma Sharon's Pinterest page.  Here you go . . .


INGREDIENTS:

2 pounds of ground beef, browned + your favorite taco seasoning mix to taste
16 oz. Velvetta + 1 can of Rotel mixed together
2 cans of black beans, rinsed & drained + more of your favorite taco seasoning to taste
your choice of extras:  shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, sour cream
snack-sized bags of Fritos

What makes this so easy is the very cool Crock-Pot Triple Dipper you can use . . . click HERE for the details.  It even has places for your plasticware.  I'm lovin' this and can see it sitting on my picnic table with friends joining me for supper!


My Camper Mom created a little camping cookbook a few seasons ago and I told her that Walking Tacos has to go in it for one of our trips together this year!  Maybe you'll add it to yours too.

I hope you're having a great weekend and I have two things for you to remember today.  The first is that Spring is right around the corner and the second is . . . 

"Peace, Love & Fun Camping Recipes!"




1 comment:

  1. Those look great! I actually tried out a camping breakfast recipe Saturday morning. It was my first ever attempt at sausage gravy. It came out great. Rob.

    ReplyDelete