Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Longing For Quiet

I am longing for some peace and quiet.  You know, the kind of peace and quiet that you find in a campsite.  A campsite by the lake or near the Parkway or off in the woods.  Heavy sigh . . . 


Momma Sharon is feeling the same way.  She's kinda tired of hearing the bulldozer up the street grading the area around the church's new picnic shelter. She's kinda tired of hearing the low rumble that constantly comes from the Southern Biscuit Flour mill a mile away. She's kinda tired of hearing the noise generated from cars because she lives on the corner of a busy intersection. Throw in the dogs barking at every person that walks up and down the sidewalk beside their fence and lawnmowers and weed-eaters and big trucks going in and out of the Public Works across the way.  She's longing for some peace and quiet too.

Since we don't have another camping trip planned until July, I told her to pack up the pooches and head to The Wee Cabin tomorrow. Sleeping with the windows open, cool mountain temps, walks around the lake, maybe a coffee at The Dripolater . . . I think it's just what she needs.  I wonder if Aunt Becky can join her.  I'll be more than happy to hold down the fort here.

Well I do appreciate you dropping by for another little Story.  Until I grab the computer again, always remember . . . 

"Peace, Love, & Quiet"

2 comments: