Friday, April 29, 2016

Too Many Awning Choices

My Camper Mom has an addiction…she admits it and all her camping friends know it.  She has an awning addiction.  I'm not going to tell you how many awnings she actually has…it's more than five, but less than ten…tee hee.

Our awning dilemma is simple.  What do we take to the Blue Ridge Rally? There's our favorite portable awning called the Visor.  It goes up in a matter of minutes and looked like the bill of a ball cap. It allows us to keep the window open during rain and it's steady even in wind.


Then there's the Cottonwood with its big footprint.  It takes a bit more time and effort to put up, but Mom and Aunt Becky work as a team on this one.  It attaches to my keder rail and then extends out 10 feet from there!  We found out on Tybee Island during wind gusts of 40 mph, that it's sturdy and very reliable.  With the new sidewall panels and rainfly that Momma Sharon got for her birthday, it gives us great protection from the elements.


And lastly, there's the often overlooked Therma-Rest.  It's pretty hard for one person to put up, but the sloped sides allow good breezes to flow underneath.  That yellow color doesn't really match me, but rather is a nice compliment.  I gotta tell you that we have actually thought about selling it, but just haven't gotten up the nerve yet to make that announcement.  I bet someone coming to the Blue Ridge Rally might be interested …. hmmmmm.


What's your prediction?  I think I know which one will get packed into Splish, but I guess you'll just have to wait on our first Postcard on Saturday, May 14th to see!  Until then, always remember . . . 

"Peace, Love, & Too Many Choices"

No comments:

Post a Comment