Thursday, April 28, 2016

Camping Lakeside

I spent last week camping with some of my Trailer Peeps at a little shindig that Momma Sharon and I threw called Carolina Lakeside. Way back on Black Friday, we took advantage of South Carolina State Park's 50% off camping special for selected parks.  We chose two parks with lakes, Lake Hartwell State Park and Croft State Park on Lake Craig and paid a whopping $9.50 per night!

Of the two, Lake Hartwell was my absolute favorite.  Our site, number 46, was mere steps from the water and since it faced west, we witnessed some gorgeous sunsets.  Momma Sharon sat by the lake each morning to eat her breakfast, did her Dutch oven cooking by the lake, and enjoyed evening campfires from the water's edge.




I predict that if Lake Hartwell State Park is offered again on Black Friday, we will be staying up until midnight to make our reservations for 2017!!  

Momma Sharon is in full-on Blue Ridge Rally mode for the next two weeks, so I anticipate getting a little computer time to send you some Stories.  I will throw them up on Facebook and you are invited over to prop your feet up and read for a little bit.  Until then, always remember . . . 

"Peace, Love, & Lakeside Camping"

No comments:

Post a Comment