Friday, May 10, 2013

Even After Seven Seasons...

Even after seven seasons of camping with my Momma Sharon, she always has surprises for me when it comes to getting me all dolled up!  Sometimes we camp very simply with only my Visor and a few decorations inside.  But if we are going to be somewhere for several days or if we are expecting visitors, she goes all out!

Well I'm here to tell you that she was a decorating madwoman at the recent Blue Ridge Rally!  Not only did she buy a new Paha Que Side Tent for me, she pulled out items that she found while junkin' this past winter that I didn't even know about!!


See that peace sign tablecloth?  Her buddy Lorraine gave that to her at the 2012 BRR.  See that pretty plant?  Aunt Becky always brings along flowers.  See that little lime green table?  That is one of a pair that Diane gave my Mom on last year's Natchez Trace Caravan.  See those colorful oilcloth pennants hanging on the tent lines?  Momma Sharon bought those at the Country Living Fair in Atlanta.

See what I mean?  I think it's an illness or an addiction . . . she definitely has some sort of affliction!!


Check out what's inside my tent room.  Our little kitchen has everything you could ever want or need.  There's a microwave and Keurig coffee machine sitting on a vintage yellow and green tablecloth she found last month while junkin' with Aunty Bec.  That lime green and blue striped beach towel is one of the very first things she ever bought way back in the spring of 2007.  Underneath it is a hanging canvas storage unit where she keeps groceries and stuff.  Out of sight is a toaster over and two-burner hot plate.

She scored that little table lamp at the Salvation Army store on James Island last month and it sits on top of a tie-tyed tablecloth she made from four bandanas.  Resting on my window is one of three sets of awnings she designed and sewed.  I know, I know . . . 


Over on the other side of the tent room is an aqua metal stand that she found while out junkin' in Pittsboro with her T@Bbin' sisters.  It's the perfect place to hold a vintage Campfire Marshmallow tin and bread box.  It's also a good place for my camping notebook, plates and bowls, and lime green tray she found on sale at Hobby Lobby for a coupe bucks.  Did you notice those lime green and blue sneakers?  Those belong to the Aunt!


That decorating doesn't stop on the outside . . . oh no, no, no. no, no!  She has my walls and countertop all duded up with tin signs and felt pennants and pictures and funky do-dads.  It was just a matter of time after Highway Bob installed shelves over my windows that I knew they would be full of traveling and camping stuff too!



Tomorrow is Saturday and that means junkin' with Aunty Becky.  What in the world could my Camper Mom be looking for now?  She told me we need a felt pennant from The Smokies.  The obsession continues . . . heavy sigh . . . 

Thanks so much for visiting with me this week to listen to my SplashT@B Stories.  I hope you all have a great weekend and always remember . . . 

"Peace, Love & Camping!"

No comments:

Post a Comment