Sunday, October 1, 2017

Meet Our Friend Kathryn White Eagle

Wow, what a fun weekend I had with Momma Sharon, Aunt Becky, Murphy, and Sophie at the Jordan Lake Jaunt.  I got to meet so many new friends just like Mom did!  Plus, I got to hang out with some of my old buddies like Lucy, Tiny Home 2, Mouse-Ke-T@B, and T@Bventure.

Now that I am back home safely tucked into my T@Bport, I talked my Camper Mom into letting me take over the blogging duties this week with a whole bunch of new Stories.  My first one is about our special friend, Miss Kathryn.  I really like camping with Ruby the T@B, Mom loves Miss Kathryn's company, and Lilly the Schnauzer is one of Murphy's friends, so it was a triple-fun camping time for us all.



On Friday, Miss Kathryn stopped by for a visit just before her walk along the lake shoreline.  Rich and Sue were visiting and she told us all that she was going out to look for bald eagles, eagle feathers, arrowheads, and ancient pottery shards. Well that grabbed Mom's attention because one of the items on her Bucket List has been to find an arrowhead.  She wanted to go right then and there, but wasn't finished eating her late, late breakfast.



Miss Kathryn came back after her stroll and said she found lots of stuff and in a blink of an eye, they were off together!  The water level on Jordan Lake is down very low and that exposes lots of places that Native American hunter gatherers would have occupied centuries ago. Once Momma Sharon knew what to look for, she spied many special pieces!

Eagle feather . . . don't worry, Mom didn't remove it
Combing the shoreline with Miss Kathryn
Arrowhead find marked with a pinecone & feather
2 arrowheads, several flakes from arrowhead making, &
a scraper with an edge hardened by fire!
   
In addition to their little archaeology expedition, Miss Kathryn and Mom talked about healing salves, tinctures, and ointments using native plants.  She gave us the recipe and ingredients for making an anti-itch remedy using jewel weed and alcohol.

Thanks for dropping by today to hear a Special Story about a Special Lady.  The great news is that we will all be camping together in three weeks at Myrtle Beach State Park and I cannot wait!  Now if you'd like to read more of my Jordan Lake Jaunt Tales, just come on back tomorrow and I'll have another Chapter ready for you to read.  Until then, always remember . . . 

"Peace, Love, & Special Camping Friends"

1 comment: