Friday, September 29, 2017

At The Lake

Greetings from Jordan Lake Recreational Area near Pittsboro, home of the Jordan Lake Jaunt, cooked up by Miss Jennifer and Momma Sharon!!  You know how my Camper Mom likes to throw a party for her camping buddies, and that's what we are all about this weekend.

On Wednesday around noon, we (Mom, Aunt Becky, Murphy, & Sophie) pulled out of my T@Bport and made our way along Highway 64 to Pittsboro so I could have a sleepover with my buddy, Tiny Home 2.  


Mr. Bob hooked me up to power and I was all set for the night, all cozy beside my friend while the pups and the adults hung out together, went out to eat supper at The Mod, and chatted away the evening. Aunt Becky and Sophie slept in the guest room, while Mom and Murphy bunked with me.  It was a great way to start our weekend.

Yesterday, Thursday, we followed Tiny Home 2 about 15 miles down the road to Jordan Lake and Loop B of the Poplar Point Campground.  Site 11 is our home for the weekend as we meet new campers and greet old ones.


As soon as Mom and Aunt Becky hopped out of Splish here came the mosquitos. They put on the spray, got Murphy and Sophie situated in their pen, and then got to work getting me all settled in. They both have certain chores that makes the work go faster.


Thanks goodness for a good breeze blowing in off the water!  It was still hot though (93-ish) and it didn't take long for them to work up a sweat.  Our site is shady, level, graveled, and suits us just fine.  We have a view of the lake and it's just a short walk down to it.  Now the walk to the bathhouse is a whole 'nuther matter!


Well, that's all there is to my Story today.  Mom is going to send you a Postcard that will tell you what all she, Aunt Becky, and the pups have been doing.  Thanks for dropping by to hear my little Jordan Lake Tale!  Until I have another, aways remember . . . 

"Peace, Love, & Camping At The Lake"

No comments:

Post a Comment