Sunday, November 6, 2016

Plan B At Oak Plantation

Greetings everyone!  I'm back from my two weeks on the Coastal Caravan and do I ever have Stories to tell you!  Momma Sharon told me to take as long as I need to share those Stories with you.  So with her blessing, here we go!

If you've been reading my Tales and Mom's Postcards leading up to the CCIII, you know that we experienced a little hiccup called Hurricane Matthew.  With Huntington Beach State Park and Edisto Beach State Park both being closed and no hope of opening back up for our first two legs of the caravan, Momma Sharon did some scrambling to find a suitable replacement for all our friends.

Plan B fell into place just days before our departure date.  Oak Plantation Campground was the new destination.  Located on Johns Island in South Carolina, it gave us a new area to camp in, new restaurants to try, a different beach to sit on, and a lot of new places to play tourist.  T@Bventure, DashT@B, Daisy, Lunetta, Lucy, and others all gave this place a thumbs up.


I have never camped on grass, but I really liked it.  Mom and Aunt Becky didn't drag any sand or dirt inside of me.  They were able to put up my Clam and fall decor easily because the ground was soft.  I had a couple of shade trees nearby too.  Chris, who was in charge of groups at OP, spread us all out so we had plenty of room for picnic tables, vehicles, screen rooms, and easy-ups.  It was one of the nicest set-ups for my Trailer Peeps EVER!

DashT@B camped beside me in site J3 . . . look at all the room!

OP didn't have the biggest camp store and office, it wasn't always easy to get in and out because of traffic on Highway 17, they were a bit short-staffed, it was kinda noisy (trains, traffic, airplanes), and we had to battle post-Matthew mosquitos.  But you know what?  We were all happy campers!

Good Sam & Woodalls gave OP good ratings
The bath house across the street was clean & spacious
I was in site 5 on row J
I hope I get to go back to OP one day!
Spanish moss in the live oaks added to the low country vibe

There were trash cans everywhere, a little fishing pond and lagoon across the way, a nice swimming pool, open air pavilion, and about 200 campsites divided up into sections.  Yep, I definitely liked OP and I think our Plan B was a huge success.

Since I will be telling Stories all week, I hope you will drop by each day to read them.  Until tomorrow, always remember . . . 

"Peace, Love & A Great Plan B"

No comments:

Post a Comment