Thursday, July 28, 2016

Tales From The Holler

Hey everyone!  This is a red-letter day for me.  It's the first EVER day that Momma Sharon has let me send you a Story while camping. Normally, she will turn the blogging duties over to me once we get home.  That's how special this is!!

I'm sitting up on the hill for this outing instead of down under the pine trees.  I'm parked in site 123, the same one I had last summer.  It's a good site until about 1:00 when the sun comes around the trees and the shade disappears.  Man oh man, it can get hot, hot, hot if there aren't any clouds.   Mom and the pups head next door to hang out with The Cousins because they have SHADE.


Momma Sharon and Uncle Rob talked to Helen today in the office and made their reservations for next summer.  Pod and I are moving to different sites so I can have some shade!  That will be sweet.  Pod is next door this week in site 125.


Murphy and Baby Gracie are camping with me this week.  It's been a long, long time since that has happened and we are having fun,  The sleep a lot, take lots of walks, and drink a lot of water . . . LOL.  They love heading out in Levi (Rob's truck) every morning to go exploring.



The temperatures have been abnormally hot in The Holler this week, but it's a lot cooler here than at home.  During the day it's in the mid-80s, but it cools down quickly, and drops to the 60s at night.  That lets me keep my windows wide open at night and that's the way Momma Sharon loves to sleep in a campground.


Splish is enjoying her first time at RHC and here she is on Monday afternoon during the rain storm that blew through.


I'm wearing my new awnings this week and they really set off my splashy colors.  Mr. Werner is close by and doing triple-duty by holding my bucket light, ice maker, and fan.  Aunt Becky packed both sets of dog pens for us to use this week, so they are set up too.  Our camping flags are in place for all to enjoy.





If you've never been to The Holler, I think you would really like it . . . I sure do.  The bathhouse is a close walk for my Camper Mom and there are lots of roads that she can take the pups for a walk on. She really likes to walk around and look at all the seasonal trailers and their cute decor.  There's lots to love about Raccoon Holler Campground and it's one of my all-time favorite places to camp!



Well, that's my Special Edition Story for you!  I'll have some other Tales to tell when I get home on Sunday.  Until then, always remember . . . 

"Peace, Love, & Camping In The Holler!"

No comments:

Post a Comment