Friday, January 8, 2016

The Pillow Lady

Happy Friday y'all. I hope you have had a good week.  It's been a bit nippy around the Foothills this week, but that's ok because it's winter and it's supposed to be cold . . . LOL.  I'm not complaining one single bit because it gives me time to write Stories since it's siesta-season.

I've got a fun little Tale for you today about The Pillow Lady.  Some of us met Mavis Stevens down on Tybee Island while on our recent Coastal Caravan. Mavis is a fiber artist and makes all kinds of cool stuff, including pillows.

She made Duke a pillow for his T@B that is precious and captures him with his red frisbee.  Duke always gives Momma Sharon the stink-eye, so she tends to keep her distance from him, but that's another Story. Here's a photo of Duke on his personal sleeping pad and one of his personalized pillow.



I know . . . cuteness off the chart!  On Thursday morning after pulling out of Tybee with my Beach Peeps, we stopped for breakfast at McDonalds before heading down to Jekyll.  The craziest thing happened. Mavis, The Pillow Lady, was getting coffee at Starbucks, saw us, and ran over to greet us all.  She said that we had "made her day". Momma Sharon was snapping photos left and right (surprise, surprise) and captured this one Mavis and another one of her creations!


Once we were back home, we found Mavis on Facebook and then visited her Etsy shop.  It was there that my Camper Mom spotted something that she fell in love with . . . long pillows.  Long pillows perfect for ME!!


So Momma Sharon got in touch with The Pillow Lady, exchanged ideas, talked about design and colors, and here it the result!!


Is that cool or what?!!  Everyone that comes to visit me when we are out camping is going to see it and I get to tell this Story all over again. Now if you'd like Miss Mavis to make you a special pillow, go HERE to her Facebook page or go HERE for her Etsy store called Miss Mavis Fun House or go HERE if you are ever on Tybee Island.  I meet the nicest people when I'm camping!! Until I have another Story to tell you, always remember . . . 

"Peace, Love, & Fun Camping Pillows"

No comments:

Post a Comment