Monday, July 23, 2012

My Blue Ridge Parkway Cruise

FINALLY!

Finally my Camper Mom has let me back on the computer to send you a post.  I can't believe it's been so long since I got to share a story or two with you.  Why in the world did she ever let me have my own story blog if I never get to write stories ?!?!  Geez!!

OK...I feel better now.

Last week, I traveled up to Spruce Pine, NC to meet my Cousin Pod for a week of camping and traveling together on the Blue Ridge Parkway.  Y'all maybe recall that my Mom loves that road and to be perfectly honest with you, so do I.  It's a lazy winding route that runs from Cherokee, NC all the way up to the Shenandoah Skyline Drive in Virginia.  The scenery is beautiful, the pace is leisurely, and I never get tired of going there.


Momma Sharon had a little hiccup on the way to the campground.  She drove right past the entrance thinking it was a driveway and when she got to the end of the road and it changed to gravel, she said a bad word.  But I told her to calm down that I would help her turn around.  Luckily there was a little grassy road to the left and equally small driveway to the right and we wiggled back and forth until we got turned around.

I got to spend the night at a campground I had never been to before...the Spruce Pine Campground.  It wasn't the kind of campground where I could hang out with a whole bunch of my friends at a rally, but I still liked it.  It was shady, I got to pull right into my campsite, and it was quiet.




After I got settled in for the afternoon, I looked around a bit and saw a couple of really neat things...a huge orange fungus growing beside a tree and a grandmother Avion parked just down the road a bit.




About 3:30 I heard someone coming down the road and it was my buddy Pod along with Rob, Trisha, and their camping pup named Jackson.  It sure was good to see her again!  The last time we got to hang out together was at the Blue Ridge Rally when we were parked side by side.

Her Daddy Rob got her all situated, put out a tent, and we all settled down for a great Monday afternoon and evening. 


It doesn't take much to make Momma Sharon happy and the view from my window and the sunset that evening were icing on her camping cake!



Thanks for not giving up on me and dropping by to let me tell you a story about my latest camping trip. If you stop by again tomorrow, I promise I'll have more photos and stories to tell you!

"Peace, Love & Camping"



No comments:

Post a Comment