Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Toolbelt Sue's Quick Mod

Mornin' everyone.  I'm glad you stopped by hear the Story about me and Toolbelt Sue!

When I was on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail Caravan back in May with all my buddies, we spent several nights at My Old Kentucky Home State Park in Bardstown.  While there, Sue Luke, aka. Toolbelt Sue, performed a little mod on my outside Cool Cat grill.

At the 3rd Annual Blue Ridge Rally, Momma Sharon helped a couple people install plexiglass over the opening to our grills to prevent water splashing inside while we are traveling in the rain.  It has worked well over the years, but Toolbelt Sue improved upon it.  Happy Camper's Mom is a wizard when it comes to T@B knowledge and cool fixes for us!

She made a trip to Lowes and picked up several rolls of foam weather strips.  Once back in the campground, she pulled out a pair of scissors, and got to work!  Off came my plexiglass cover . . . 


Next was a quick clean-up of the inside of the grill frame . . .



Foam strips were measured, then cut to fit.  Sue peeled off the backing paper and pushed them into place.  All the way around the four sides she went.  Lickity-split, in less than 10 minutes, I had some extra protection for my Cool Cat!





Once she put my cover back on and tightened the washers, I was totally ready to roll in all kinds of weather.

I hope you enjoyed Toolbelt Sue's tutorial via my Story today.  If you have time for a stopover tomorrow, I'll tell you about Momma Sharon's latest Rolling Home project.  Until then, always remember . . . 

"Peace, Love & Camping!"

No comments:

Post a Comment