Thursday, August 8, 2013

Camping Chair Covers

Howdy campers . . . thanks for showing up again today.  I cannot believe how much computer time I'm getting this week!  It's all because my Camper Mom is busy getting ready for our next big trip to Ohio.

This past weekend she ran into Rite Aid to pick up a few items and was stopped dead in her tracks by a lime green, blue, and white beach towel.  There was a whole rack of them and they were on sale for $3.00 each.  Can you believe that?  Three bucks!!  Frankly I'm surprised she bought only three.


OK, I know you're wondering what artsy-fartsy splashy project she has in mind for these.


My Camper Mom and Aunt Becky have a favorite pair of camping chairs that always travel with us.  She got them at Camping World many years ago and they have held up well.  They are brown and I've never said much, but they are boring and drab and don't really match me very well.


After a bit of measuring and pinning, Mom sewed a 15 1/2" pocket at the top to slide over the back and a 3 1/2" pocket to slide onto the seat. The result is a hella-cool set of camping chair covers.  I think they took about 30 minutes from start to finish and I love 'em!


She has one more project in mind for the third beach towel and I'm gonna keep you in suspense for a few days about that one.  Everyone is off to The Wee Cabin today, so that project is on hold until Sunday or Monday.

I'll wish you a great weekend a day early and just remember . . . 

"Peace, Love & Camping"

3 comments:

  1. I love the chair covers. I can see a "snitched" stitching mod in the future! -- Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have at it Cuz! I have two more little projects to complete before we head out a week from Saturday. Safe travels home to you and Trisha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hella cool?......?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete