Monday, March 18, 2019

Time To Wake Up!

It's time to wake up!  I've been snoozing since early November and now it's time to wake up and get this 2019 party started.  Well, not actually a party, but I'm talking about my upcoming camping season.

This past weekend, Momma Sharon and our bestie, Toolbelt Sue, headed for the Tennessee hills for a Sister on the Fly gathering at a place called Meadow Creek Mountain Lodge.  They joined 10 other Sisters for an Artist Retreat full of crafts and laughs, fun and food, and a crazy good time like the Sistas are so famous for!

It was a great way to kick off our season (even though I didn't get to go) and talk about camping and trailers nonstop.  New friends were made that I hope to meet one day.  And while there, Mom joined in some fun crafting sessions.  Now the reason I'm telling you all about her weekend is that she made ME something while there!

Her new friend Carolyn taught everyone how to do an "acrylic pour".  It involved acrylic paints, Elmer's glue, a small artist canvas, and some funky silicone that made the paint do wonderful things when mixed.  I won't go into the whole process, but I will share the snapshot of the end result with you.


Now you will have to agree this artwork is going to look stunning hanging on one of my walls for 2019.  There was another artist there named Shannon that made a Sister on the Fly pin for my Camper Mom.  I predict she will be wearing it when we go camping in a couple of weeks.


Well, it's good to be back and I look forward to writing more Stories of my camping adventures with Momma Sharon.  We have lots of trips planned and I hope you enjoy all my Camping Tales this year. Until our first trip, always remember . . . 

"Peace, Love, & Wake Up Time!"

1 comment: