Saturday, September 9, 2017

A Surprise Visit

I had a surprise visit from Momma Sharon today!  Wendy, Gracie, and Murphy wanted to go see Aunt Becky, so Mom took the opportunity to take care of a little Splash-business while here.  We've got some hurricane-related weather coming through on Monday and even though the biggest portion of the storm will be to our west, she wanted to put my stabilizers down and close up my windows nice and tight.

She's been looking off and on for over a year for a footstool to put in between my benches and she found one at Target yesterday.  It has storage inside of it, a cushiony top on it, and is velvety black.  I predict she will be putting our coffee tray, that Miss Rebecca gave us, on top of it.  I can just imagine all the uses for it, but I think we will only use it when it's just the two of us.  At night, it can sit up on the bench out of the way.



During the summer when heat builds up inside of me, my vintage felt pennants have a tendency to fall of the walls.  She decided a couple dabs of glue were needed to shore up the sticking power on the pennant side of the Velcro.  That was a quick fix.

Did I ever tell you about the clothesline that we got from Mr. Geo at the Blue Ridge Rally?  He used the template Mom had posted in the T@B Files on Facebook to make several sets and sell them at the rally. I've been trying to get Momma Sharon to make me a pair for years! She decided that it was easier to let Mr. Geo do the work and buy one of his sets . . . LOL.



He showed us how to install them on my grab handles.  All we needed was some clothesline and Mom found that at the ACE Hardware in Townsend.  Threading it through the four holes was easy-peasy.  We got to use it at the Asheville KOA while on the post-BRR caravan.


I knew as soon as I saw them, that the gray color Mr. Geo had painted them would soon be changed. A can of blue spray paint took care of the make-over.  Mom brought them down today, along with some small felt pads, to finish the transformation.  I think she is going to sand the blue paint off the inside of curves because it's leaving blue paint on my handles, and I don't much like that.  The felt pads worked perfectly on the hot spots that were touching my trim.






We are already looking forward to our next camping trip a week from Thursday and I'm happy that Mom got a few little chores taken care of ahead of time.  I'll be telling you a Story or two about that camping trip in the next week or so.  Until then, always remember . . . 

"Peace, Love, & Surprise Visits"

4 comments:

  1. That cute square tray will be perfect on your new square stool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cute square tray and use it every time I camp. Thanks Sister Friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cute square tray and use it every time I camp. Thanks Sister Friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently did the same thing after years of trying different little tables in T@bby. I ordered mine on-line from Walmart and didn't realize until I got it that it had ANOTHER small stool inside the storage stool! So I haven't quite figured out what to do with it, but I love having the storage stool to pack up all my little do-dads while on the road.

    ReplyDelete