Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Scary Things In The Road

Hey everyone!  Splash here safe and sound in my T@Bport after a super fun trip to Maryland and the Dutch Oven Gathering with Mom, Murphy the Camper Dog, and Aunty Becky.  My Story for you today is a serious one and scary on top of that!

We made the decision to drive all the way home from Cunningham Falls State Park on Sunday and not spend the night anywhere.  Jill the GPS told us it would be a 6-hour trip, but we all knew better than that. Even though we took the interstate back to NC, we would have to add a couple of hours to the trip to account for driving 62 mph max, making comfort stops, gas stops, lunch stops, and Murphy stops.  

We were cruising right along just north of Christiansburg, VA when all of a sudden, a huge piece of rubber started tumbling from the far left lane, across the center lane, and into the right-hand lane where we were.  Becky was driving and saw it coming, but couldn't do anything to avoid hitting it.  Traffic was on our left and a median full of debris was on our right.  She did the only thing she could do, straddle it and drive over it!

I was clueless about what was happening until I saw this piece of rubber that was probably 4 x 8 feet coming at me from underneath Splish.  It hit me in my front right corner and on my handle and it hurt!  Plus it made a horrible noise that scared us all to death!

I was pretty sure I was OK, but Mom took the first exit so she could get out and check me over to make sure nothing was damaged.


She checked my tire, my stabilizer, my propane tank, my trim, and my jockey wheel . . . all were fine. Whew!  But I had suffered a bad case of road rash where that rubber sheet hit me full force.  I had some big black skid marks on my handle and down my front.




It certainly could have been a lot worse and I gotta tell you, I was scared!  Momma Sharon said it would all be OK and when we got home, she would have me looking good as new in no time flat.  Today she came down to my T@Bport with Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, clean towels, and a foot stool to sit on to give me some personal attention and TLC.


She was extra gentle with me and scrubbed away at all those nasty black marks.  Aunt Becky gave her some scratch remover and polisher to use too.  It took about an hour to get me back to my splashy self. How do you think I look?


My Camper Mom did a really good job . . .  that's because she loves me so much.  And even though I was really, really scared, I'm all better now. Mom is going to come back down to the T@Bport and give the rest of me a good scrub and polish to match my super clean spot . . . LOL.

Thanks so much for stopping by for my Story today.  Maybe I'll get to write a few more for you between now and late September when we hit the road for a Carolina's State Parks trip.  Until then, always remember . . . 

"Peace, Love, and Scary Things In The Road"

2 comments:

  1. We are glad you were not hurt. And Mr Clean can do so much. It looks brand new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Miss Elaine! Mom and I are tickled that I look brand new again...Tangerine's friend, Splash

    ReplyDelete