Sunday, April 22, 2018

The First Trip of 2018

Happy Sunday evening everyone!  While Momma Sharon and Aunt Becky are relaxing and Gracie and Sophie are snoozing, I was able to snitch the computer to tell you an April Story . . . we are camping! Yeppers, it's the first trip of the season and we are all snug in site #18 at Andrew Jackson State Park near Lancaster, SC.

I was having doubts that I would ever see this campground because Mom had to cancel the first one in March 2017 when Murphy the Camper Dog started having seizures.  We rescheduled for September, but had to cancel that one when we lost Uncle Roger.  Mom was really worried that we would be rescheduling this one too because Miss Murphy wasn't doing well.  My sweet Murphy Girl almost always joined me for the first trip of the season, but she crossed the Rainbow Bridge two weeks ago.


Mom and Aunt Becky had me all packed up and on the road by 11:30 this morning.  Baby Gracie claimed her spot as Queen of the Road on top of Mom's clothes and enjoyed the views during our 1 1/2 hour trip.  

Andrew Jackson State Park is an easy place to get to, doesn't have but 25 campsites, and some of them are lakeside.  The park ranger told us that we have the best one in the campground!


It didn't take too long to get set up in #18.  It's a narrow spot, but Mom threaded the needle between the pine trees and got me settled in quickly.  We brought along our old original awning this time because it does great in the rain and rain is in the forecast for the next two days. YUCK!

Other than the ice maker conking out on us, everything is fine and dandy for our three night stay.  My rear end is pointing towards the lake and it's all downhill from my spot, but Mom has the BAL, chocks, and stabilizers all in use, so I'm safe and secure.






After taking the pups for a little walk, everyone headed to Indian Land for supper at Red Bowl and grocery shopping at Harris Teeter.  On the way, they spotted a gray T@B rolling down Highway 521 and Aunt Becky said, "I wonder if they are headed to our campground?"  Well guess what?  Not only are they camping at Andrew Jackson too, they are RIGHT BESIDE US!!


We are always tickled to meet new T@Bbers, so it was fun to meet Miriam and Kevin from Florence, SC.  This is only their second trip out in their 2014 NuCamp 320.  Everybody chatted up a storm until it was time to put some tuckered out pups to bed.



It's really quiet and dark here, so I predict there will be some mighty good sleeping tonight.  Thanks so much for coming 'round to read my first camping Story of 2018.  I'm not sure who will get the computer tomorrow.  Since it could be me, you are invited to drop by for another Story.  Until then, always remember . . . 

"Peace, Love, & The First Trip of 2018"

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lovely spot! Enjoy your first camp of the 2018 season. As for Rosie, she did get to leave the barn today but shortly thereafter was brought back up behind the same barn. As Ray and I got ready to leave my sister's with Rosie, the brakes on the Tahoe did not come on! Not even the emergency brake! All was working fine minutes ago when we drove over and pulled Rosie out of the barn. Thankfully, we were still on my sister's property and my ever dependable brother-in-law (an awesome guy and super knowledgeable about vehicles) managed to get Rosie behind his barn and the Tahoe on a level spot. We are so thankful as this could have been ever so much worse. We live on a steep hill and visions of horrible accidents with or without Rosie have been passing through all of our minds today. I almost went out yesterday but stayed home and it's a good thing as I would certainly have been in a major accident with complete brake failure. God was watching out for us this weekend. So, tomorrow I work at home and call our mechanic and a tow company to get the Tahoe to the garage. SIGH.

    ReplyDelete