Saturday, April 7, 2018

How The Stars Aligned - Chapter 1

Evenin' everyone!  Do I have a doozie of a Story to tell you tonight.  But I am going to only tell you Chapter 1.  I'll let my Camper Mom send you a series of Postcards to share the whole Story of How The Stars Aligned.  It's too complicated and involves too many people for me to keep straight anyway . . . LOL.

Momma Sharon, Aunt Becky, and 2/3rds of the Schnauzer Herd took a whirlwind trip to Hohenwald, TN this weekend.  I watched them pull out of the driveway about noon on Thursday and could tell there was excitement in the air . . . epic excitement.  Their via point for that evening was the Econo Lodge in Lebanon, TN.  A trip that should have taken a little over five hours stretched into seven and a half!!

The first of 3 traffic jams occurred in Asheville & added about
45 minutes to the trip!
Murphy the Camper Dog was joined by Miss Sophie & they shared the
whole back seat . . . stopping for pee breaks, meals, & medicine
added even more time to the travel clock 
Thursday was Tractor Trailer Day on I-40 from NC into TN . . . Aunt Becky
did a fantastic job of driving while Momma Sharon took care of the
nagavating duties
Welcome to Tennessee where the stars would continue to align

The Econo Lodge was a welcome sight for everyone, but the time change from EST back to CT threw both Mom and Aunt Becky for a loop.  They had to be really careful to keep Murphy's meds on schedule. A walk across the parking lot for a couple of Taco Bell dollar meals provided supper. After a quick call back home to let me and Miss Wendy know they were safe and sound for the evening, it was lights out for the traveling sisters.

I know that you are still wondering what in the world this trip to Tennessee was all about.  Be patient y'all and pick up Mom's Postcards so she can finish telling you this Story.  Until I snitch the computer again, always remember . . . 

"Peace, Love, & Stars Aligning"



No comments:

Post a Comment