Thursday, July 20, 2017

Soulful Repeat

Evenin' friends and neighbors! It's my last night in The Holler and once again my Camper Mom said "have at it" when I asked if I could send you another Bedtime Story.  

Today was a repeat of our soulful Wednesday.  Miss Murphy was up extra early at 4:20 to take care of business and again at 6:30 begging for breakfast.  Instead of everyone going back to sleep, we just laid in bed and listened to the day wake up.  It was a cool 66° inside so I told Mom just to take her time getting herself ready for the day and enjoy the coolness.

She and Murph took a long walk around the lake this morning, saw a whole raft of motorcycles parked at the entrance waiting for one fellow to sprint to the bathroom (LOL), and then strolled down 5th Avenue daydreaming about what it would be like to have a seasonal site here.




Uncle Rob picked them up for a backroading adventure at 11:30.  He had a whole series of roads picked out to explore and a picnic site to boot!  Along the way, they found a funky gem shop that required a quick stop and saw lots of campers parked beside the muddy New River. Lunch was at the 221 access New River State Park picnic shelter.  I've camped there a couple times so I know it was a great spot for lunch.





Our afternoon was spent lazing around except for when we watched Mom pack up the Baby Clam for the trip home tomorrow.  Supper was over at Miss Anne's place and the menu included a taco casserole with all the fixin's, a Mexican salad that I sent over, and an ooey-gooey dessert that Momma Sharon delivered.



Our mountain respite in The Holler comes to an end tomorrow as we head down the mountain for home just in time for some wicked hot temperatures.  Maybe thinking about our fun week here will keep us cool. I really appreciate you taking time out of your day to read the Stories I've written for you this week.  Until I am on the road again or have some fabulous news to share with you, always remember . . . 

"Peace, Love, and Mountain Renewal"

2 comments:

  1. Sharon.....Luv reading these. Couldn't help but think of the adventures our schnauzers have enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete