Sunday, March 22, 2015

An Itty Bitty Mod

Evenin' everyone!  I hope you had a good weekend and that you maybe got a little Spring camping trip in too!  The flowers and trees are popping out all over the place here in the Foothills and that makes me happy.

Something else that makes me happy is the itty bitty mod that Momma Sharon got for me.  It's just a wee thing, but oh so nice.  In last month's Trailer Life magazine, she saw an article about a quartet of simple products that make trailer hitching convenient.  They are from Fastway and she decided right then and there I needed three out of the four!

Last weekend while we were at the Kings Mountain Kick-Off, she pulled one out and put it to work. The Ball Cover slips right over the Pilot's greasy ball when unhitched.  What makes it special is that it stays attached to the ball when I'm hooked up.  Check it out . . . 

Ball Cover In Use
Ball Cover Removed For Towing

Another cool thing about this cover is that it slides on and off easily. My Camper Mom used to fuss and cuss because the old Walmart one had so much suction, it was hard to get off.  Plus, she doesn't have to store it in a plastic bag during travel because it's always tethered to the mount!  

It doesn't take much to make me happy and here's the proof.  On Sunday, I'm headed back out on the road for a week of camping down on the coast.  I'm sure I'll have some Stories to tell you this week as we get ready to roll.  Until then, always remember . . . 

"Peace, Love & Itty Bitty Camping Mods"

2 comments:

  1. Now that's useful! I have the WalMart or equivalent cover and yes, have to keep it stored in a plastic baggie when not in use. I need to look for this item! Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was pretty nifty too Ellalou. My days of cheap ones stored in a baggie are history!! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete