Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Do You Remember Me?

Oh my it's been such a long time since I've written a Story for you!  Do you remember me, Splash the Camper and Storyteller?  

The number one excuse has been pure laziness on my part.  I suppose some of you may have wondered what happened to me, where I've been, and what's going on.  Would you believe I have been on a whirlwind adventure around the States?  I wish that were true, but it's not.  Would you believe I have quietly traveled up to Maryland and down along the Carolina coast with Momma Sharon and Aunt Becky?  That would be accurate.


2019 was a fine little camping year for all of us.  While the number of trips, nights, and miles were down a bit from previous years, the fun was definitely off the charts!  Here's the proof . . . 

5 camping trips
- Sisters on the Fly Frolic @ Santee SP  in March
- SC State Parks (Oconee & Sadlers Creek) in April
- Blue Ridge Rally @ Raccoon Holler Campground in May
- MD DOG @ Cunningham Falls SP in August
- Coastal Caravan VI in SC (Huntington Beach SP) & GA (Tybee Island) in October & November

Total Nights
41

Total Miles
2,385

Camping Peeps
Sisters, Blue Ridgers, Beach Peeps, and Chefs by the dozens!

Mom spent a lot of time up in The Holler with Mollie and the Cousins, so she actually did a whole bunch more camping in 2019 than I did. 

2020 is going to be an interesting camping season for all of us.  First of all, Miss Anne will be our next door neighbor in The Holler, so I predict Mom will be there many, many days once the season opens up in April. Secondly, there's a new pup in our household that's gotta learn the camping ropes like Miss Gracie and Murphy the Camping Dog before her.  Yep, it's going to interesting for sure!!

So that gets you back up to speed with me and my camping family.  I'll do my best to crank out more Stories this year.  Until then, always remember . . . 

"Peace, Love, & Camping!"

No comments:

Post a Comment