Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Myrtle Beach State Park

Happy Voting Day everyone!  Today, Myrtle Beach State Park gets my vote as a great place to start a Coastal Caravan with friends . . . LOL!


I rolled into the park around 4:00 on our first Monday on the road and Momma Sharon quickly got me all comfy and cozy and settled into site 94 under the live oaks and pines.  Lots of my buddies were already there and I could hardly wait to talk with them again!

MBSP is the oldest one in the South Carolina system and was built by the CCC in 1936.  Some folks say that it's outdated, but I like to think it has some old beach charm.  There are 204 campsites, so it's a big place for little ole me.  

Momma and her peeps really enjoyed the short walk to the beach, the well-stocked pier and gift shop, biking on the trails, and strolling on the boardwalk.

I think the 312 acres of awesomeness were just for me!!


Here's what my site looked like after Momma Sharon and Aunt Becky got through with all their fiddlin' with the tent, picnic table, rug, table, and chairs.  I don't mind though because I like the homey look.  After my Camper Mom strolled around a bit, she told me that she had never seen so many bathhouses and camp hosts in her life!  


I had an endless parade of people strolling by and riding past in golf carts saying really nice things about me . . . blush, blush. 

Well, this wraps up Chapter One of my Myrtle Beach State Park Story for you today.  Tomorrow I'll finish up Chapter Two and I'd be mighty pleased if you'd drop by for my behind-the-scenes take on our Coastal Caravan.  Until then, always remember . . . 

"Peace, Love & Camping"

No comments:

Post a Comment